Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Create Custom Time Frames from my weekly data

Hello All,

I have a data set that contains weekly data by product. I want to transform this data into Latest 4, 13, 26 or 52 week time frames that the user can select via slicers. Imagine my table below has 52 weeks of data with Current Year and Previous Year in 2 columns.

I want to transform the latest 4 weeks Current Year into a column, 4 weeks Previous Year into another column, 13 weeks Current Year into another column and so forth.

Thoughts?

W/E Date

Product

Sales - Current Year

Sales - Previous Year

Distribution Center

05/30/20

Product 1

$100.00

$75.00

Atlanta

05/30/20

Product 2

$43.00

$26.00

Atlanta

05/30/20

Product 1

$267.00

$183.00

Denver

05/23/20

Product 1

$86.00

$92.00

Atlanta

05/23/20

Product 2

$115.00

$64.00

Atlanta

05/23/20

Product 2

$291.00

$306.00

Denver

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous ,

Could you tell me if your problem has been solved? If it is, kindly mark the helpful answer as solution if you feel that makes sense. Welcome to share your own solution. More people will benefit from the thread.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

I create a sample using the function of DATEADD. Please reference it to have a try:

• Create a table
Date = CALENDAR(MIN('Table'[Date]),MAX('Table'[Date]))

And create a relationship between it and your table.

• Create measures
Last 4 Weeks this year = CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[Sales]),DATEADD('Date'[Date],-28,DAY))

Last 4 weeks last year = CALCULATE([Last 4 Weeks this year],DATEADD('Date'[Date],-1,YEAR))

1.PNG2.PNG

Last 13 Weeks = CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[Sales]),DATEADD('Date'[Date],-91,DAY))

For calculating the values of last 13 weeks, it will get the data of last year if the week is less than 13.

Please download sample below to have a try.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-xuding-msft 

Thank you! Another question.....would 26 weeks be -179 and 52 weeks be -365?

Hi @Anonymous ,

Yes.  There is not a week selection for interval in the function. So it is more exact to use day to get the results than month.

( the numbers of week multiply 7) 

eg:

last 4 week:   -4*7 =-28
last 13 week:   -13*7 =-91
last 26 week:   -26*7 =-182
last 52 week:   -52*7 =-364

If you want to use month or year, please try this:

Last 4 Weeks this year = CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[Sales]),DATEADD('Date'[Date],-1,MONTH))

Last 52 Weeks this year = CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[Sales]),DATEADD('Date'[Date],-1,YEAR))

Best Regards,
Xue Ding

Hi @Anonymous ,

Could you tell me if your problem has been solved? If it is, kindly mark the helpful answer as solution if you feel that makes sense. Welcome to share your own solution. More people will benefit from the thread.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , Refer to my blog on Week.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Week-Is-Not-So-Weak-WTD-Last-WTD-and-This-Week-vs-Last-Week/ba-p/1051123

You can use week rank. Now Can find today's Week Rank and use that create week buckets in date table or use rolling formula's

I have given formula in a comment for year behind week

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.