Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

dpc_development
Helper III
Helper III

Create Correlation Plot off Matrix output

In my dataset, I have three columns:

1) List Name

2) Date

3) Cumulative Return

I want to create a correlation matrix similar to:

https://www.mssqltips.com/sqlservertip/5197/correlation-analysis-using-correlation-plot-in-power-bi-...

However, it seems the suggested custom visual plots multiple Measures as opposed to a Measure of Multiple Dimensions.

I guess I need to re-organise my data such that , each list name in my current dataset is its own column, with the appropriate cumulative return value. There is a dynamic number of such names, up to 1000, depending on the filters used and date.

I guess I can create a matrix with the legend in the columns, but is it possible to create a new dataset off a matrix, so I may use it in my correlation visual? Alternatively, I'd need a custom visual capable of handling legends as an input for plotting correlations.

2 REPLIES 2
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @dpc_development ,

Please try to transpose your data in power query and use first row as headers to work on it. If it doesn't meet your requirement, kindly share your sample data to me. Please upload your files to One Drive and share the link here.

Capture.PNG

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

I managed to use the Pivot Column function. I wish it'd have been dynamic, in that I could choose which columns to show using a filter, but will adjust for now.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.