Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

DorisCMoore
Frequent Visitor

Count of values is incorrect

Hello all,

I'm having an issue that confuses me to the most: the count of values in my visual, for the current month, is not matching the number of rows in my dataset.

In my data, I have the following:

DorisCMoore_0-1679915112341.png

492 rows available. 'Is Categorized by L2?" column contains no empty row.

Yet, my visual only counts 434 values

DorisCMoore_1-1679915193808.png

If I change the filter and display previous months, results are correct. But for March, 58 values are "ignored" by the visual.

I have no additional filter on the visual/page/pages

DorisCMoore_2-1679915303640.png

I'm sure it's something silly but what am I missing here?

Thank you,
Doris

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
HotChilli
Super User
Super User

It's a bit tricky to diagnose just from that information but 

1. Sort out the datatypes in Power Query - Some of them are set to 'any' type when they should be text

2. Check the column Quality stats (under the View menu->tickboxes)

3. Check the rowcount from Data View in powerbi. Select the column and you'll get summary stats at the bottom of the page

4. Hover over the funnel icon on the card visual - this will identify the filters directly affecting it.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HotChilli
Super User
Super User

It's a bit tricky to diagnose just from that information but 

1. Sort out the datatypes in Power Query - Some of them are set to 'any' type when they should be text

2. Check the column Quality stats (under the View menu->tickboxes)

3. Check the rowcount from Data View in powerbi. Select the column and you'll get summary stats at the bottom of the page

4. Hover over the funnel icon on the card visual - this will identify the filters directly affecting it.

Thank you for your answer.

In fact, the issue was as silly as I imagined. I have a timeline visual downloaded from Power BI store, that was filtered on March before I refreshed my dataset. Apparently, this filter doesn't take into account new data. Removing March filter and reapplying it was enough to fix the issue.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.