Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

wongmeta
Regular Visitor

Count number of in severalcolumns

Hi guys!

This is my first time to do customer satisfaction survey analysis via Power BI.  I have stuggles how to count the number in several columns.  Example: survey score 1-5 and I would like to count how many customer given "1" from Q.1 - Q5 and percentage as well. In excel very simple just drag and count but I can't do so in Power BI.  It's allow just only one column.  please enlighten me

wongmeta_0-1643355099329.png

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you for your advise!

I want to the count number of people who given score 1 and 2 and 3 ..... from question 1-5 to do a chart like this.

wongmeta_1-1643357687312.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Tahreem24
Super User
Super User

@wongmeta  You every column you need to create seperate Count formula.

Count Q_1 = COUNT(Table[Q.1 Column])

Count Q_2 = COUNT(Table[Q.2 Column])

. ..... and so on.

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Please take a quick glance at newly created dashboards : Restaurant Management Dashboard , HR Analytics Report , Hotel Management Report, Sales Analysis Report , Fortune 500 Companies Analysis , Revenue Tracking Dashboard

Thank you for your advise!

I want to the count number of people who given score 1 and 2 and 3 ..... from question 1-5 to do a chart like this.

wongmeta_1-1643357687312.png

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@wongmeta , If Columns 1.1, 1.2 ,1.3 are question numbers, I would advise them to unpivot. And you can have a question dimension if needed. That should make it easy

https://radacad.com/pivot-and-unpivot-with-power-bi

I've 25 questions in survey. 

I did unpivoted but don't know how to count the number of people who given score 1, 2, 3 in several questions.

I want to create chart like below example. this is to show number of people who given score 1-5 in question number 1-5 (combine into 1 chart).

Thanks

wongmeta_0-1643357207679.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.