Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

djs1984
Frequent Visitor

Count All Where A Column Value Is Unique

I'm trying to count how many unique visits there have been. 

I have a calculated field where each visit is maked as 1, a cancelled visit is reversed out with a -1. Each visit also has a unique Id. I'm trying to do the following and am getting an extra visit in the sum, and I can see there are two with the same Id.

Visits (Measure) = CALCULATE(SUM('Ledger Entries'[Visit]), DISTINCT('Ledger Entries'[Visit ID]))

Both the visit and the visit id are in the same table. Basically I want to calculate the sum of all visits, but only for distinct visit id's.
3 REPLIES 3
PVO3
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Measure =
VAR _tbl =
SUMMARIZE('Ledger Entries', 'Ledger Entries'[Visit ID], "Visits", SUM('Ledger Entries'Visit]))
RETURN

SUMX(_tbl,[Visits])

Assuming you want to take cancelled visits into consideration

djs1984
Frequent Visitor

@PVO3 Hi, thanks for the reply. This is giving me the same extra visit with the same visitId twice. Cancelled visits don't matter, because they are -1 they should be cancelled out in the sum. 

I should have 655 visits, but I'm getting 656 and when I drill-through I see the extra one is coming from a duplicate visitId. I'm not sure why this is showing in the count? Totally confused!

PVO3
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

It appears like the visitid in question isn't fully unique. Check for spaces or blanks in both columns Perhapse this is causing the duplication.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.