Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

markdy
Advocate I
Advocate I

Couldn't Load the data for this visual. An unexpected exception occured. (Power BI Desktop)

Hello,

I received the following messages in my Power BI Desktop Visuals. The Visuals are Matrices of Custom Measures.

Now the Measures used to calcluate the Custom Measures show the same error when I select them into a visual. Any thoughts?

PowerBIDesktop_Error_Can't Display Visual_001.JPGPowerBIDesktop_Error_Can't Display Visual_002.JPG

2 REPLIES 2
ChowderChef

What  is your data source?  My  first instinct is to say  that your connection to your source is broken.

Thanks ChowderChef.

My Data Source Connection is a SQL Server Analysis Solution (Cube). I have reconnected, and I still receive the same errors. When I select the cube's measures I receive a message, "Can't display the visual.".

I'm working with the Power BI Microsoft Support team. They asked that I fix my DAX Queries and download the latest version of Power BI Desktop.

Updated 2/23/18: Looks like the visuals are back up, not sure if there was a refresh happening in the datasource. I still haven't downloaded the latest version of Power BI Desktop.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.