Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

jiri_siroky
Helper I
Helper I

Connecting data from more than one Google Analytics accouns

Hello all,

just to be sure I have to ask - Am I right that there is no way how I could connect data from more than one Google Analytics account to one .pbix file simultaneously? 

Thx,

Jiri

9 REPLIES 9
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

I'm not sure why you could not do that. Just create multiple queries to each Google Analytics account. Are you running into a specific issue?

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

My apologies that I wasnt more specific.

When I want to extract data form GA connector I have to log to my GA account. Then I can creater some queries on data shared to my GA account. But when I want to extract data from different GA account, I have to go to "Data source settings" and here I have to "Edit permissions... " to Google Analytics. When I do that, all queries for previous GA account cannot be refresh - I recieve "Invalid Credentials" error.

Hi @jiri_siroky,

But when I want to extract data from different GA account, I have to go to "Data source settings" and here I have to "Edit permissions... " to Google Analytics.
Do not edit the exist datasource, you need to create a need datasource to connect to Google Analytics use a different account. So that you can get data from more than one Google Analytics accouns.

Regards,

Charlie Liao

Hi @v-caliao-msft,

"Do not edit the exist datasource, you need to create a need datasource to connect to Google Analytics use a different account. So that you can get data from more than one Google Analytics accouns."

When I want to create new GA data source, I click on "Get Data" and then "Google Analytics", I dont have choice to change credentials to another GA account - I am instantly logged to previously logged GA account. What am I doing wrong?

Best & thx,

Jiri

Anyone with recommendation? 

Thx very much.

Hi jiri_siroky,

You could create a report using account 1, and then publish it to services. And then create another report using account 2, publish it to services, and then pin those two report into the same dashboard.

Regards,

Charlie Liao

Hi v-caliao-msft.

thx for your reply. If I get it right, your solution is for online. However I have to do this in desktop version, because online Google Analytics connector only gets predefined set of data (fix set of dimensoins and metrics). Or am I able to change it somehow? Second reason I have to connect to GA in desktop is that I need to union data from all our clients into one table. Only after I make this, I can publish it to online.

Is there any solution for this?

Thx & best,

Jiri

Hi all

I have to do the same thing. It is possible in PbI online put I can't find a solution in PbI desktop.

@jiri_sirokyJiri_siroki, have you find a solution ??

Thanks

Hi @Bencaux76,

for this issue it seems there is no solution in PBI desktop currently 😞 We have ask all clients to reshare their account on single GA account.

Best,

Jiri

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.