Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

lazarus1907
Helper I
Helper I

Connecting Power BI datasets tables in Model VIew

Hi,

I have 'imported' several tables from other reports using the Power BI datasets option, and I have connected them for slicing, filtering etc... except for one of the tables -please see below. The field 'Full Name' from the table 'Employees' can be used to slice tables from other reports (see connector A in red), but it does nothing when connected to the table 'Utilisation' (connector B in red). The names are clearly displayed in Report View, and can be clearly seen when editing the relationship, so I'm sure the fields should match perfectly.
I'm guessing it has to do with the fact that, unlike the rest of the connectors, which have some sort of broken half links (see A), the connection with 'Utilisation' appears normal. I don't know why these connections are different or what they mean, but I would like to be able to connect this table for slicing, if that is possible.

Any help will be appreciated.

borra.png

Kind regards

1 REPLY 1
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@lazarus1907 , employee to utilization is 1 to many , single directional join and  seems correct and should work.

The another join may be Many to many bi-directional, can have some challgnece.

Interaction can also stop data filtering

If this does not help
Can you share sample data and sample output in table format? Or a sample pbix after removing sensitive data.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.