Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Conditional combination

Hello

I wanted to resort to your wisdom since I am in a dilemma since I am trying not to give myself so many laps when generating the database, it turns out that I have a query (base 1) that contains the expenses of the company where I have a column that tells me to which delegation it belongs, in addition to another column which says the account to which that expense was imputed, However here comes my query since I have two queries (base 2 and 3) that has the name of the account according to the delegation, this because although accounting are imputed in the same account are different things for each delegation, so I wondered if there is a way to do this "conditional combination" in the Power Query editor so that depending on the "delegation" and "account number" it brings me The correct account name, since the way I currently occupy is like dividing the database with the delegations that are in "base 2" and another with the one that coincides with "base 3" I combine them to obtain the name of the account and then the annex.

Then for my mental exercise would be something like this in excel

=if(delegation = "Central"; vlookup(account number; base 2; 2; 0);if(delegation = "South"; vlookup(account number; base 3;2;0);" null")

This would be the way you would do it if you had the bases in Excel. 🤣

1 REPLY 1
ryan_mayu
Super User
Super User

could you pls provide some sample data and expected output?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.