Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

architsharma09
Regular Visitor

Conditional Formatting Power BI Matrix

Hi!

I want to format a visual like this - the values in the growth% field are highlighted when the franchise value is greater than the total value 19.30% from a top view only. And this formatting should not be applied when I'm drilling down to the next column which is market.

architsharma09_0-1706801993802.png

architsharma09_0-1706801776463.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
speedramps
Super User
Super User

Try this ...

Create a measure ...

RAG = 
IF( NOT ISFILTERED(yourdata[Market])
&& [Growth] > 0.0193, "Green")

Delete your visual to remove all previous conditional formating and start again.

In your visual click on Growth, Conditional formating, Font colour

speedramps_0-1706805014326.png#

Select Format style = Field value

Apply to = Values and totals

Based on = RAG

speedramps_1-1706805130708.png

Thanks for the clear description of the problem with example data. I wish everyone did that!

Remember we are unpaid volunteers, and you have got free expert help which took a lot of effort,
This solution works and does exactly what you asked.
So please quickly click the [accept as solution] and the thumbs up button to leave kudos. 

One question per ticket please. If you need to change or extend your request then please raise a new ticket.

You will get a quicker response and each volunteer solver will get the kudos they deserve. Thank you ! 

If you quote @speedramps in your next tickets then I will then receive an automatic notification, and will be delighted to help you again.

Please now click the [accept as solution] and the thumbs up button.  Thank you.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
architsharma09
Regular Visitor

Hi @speedramps 

Thank you so much for the solution! This works

But whenever I'm trying to filter out any of the any of the Market it's is not working. So can you also help me here ?

Also, is there any way where I can put the conditional formatting only on the Row 2 values which is Market and not on Franchise.

Hi again architsharma09

I am grateful for your thank you note.

I kindly ask for just one question per ticket. This also helps keep tickets simple.

If members want to change and add extra requirements then I request they raise a new ticket for each new item and quote @speedramps so I receive an automated notification, and I will be happy to try solve them.

Please don't you use vague descriptions like "Row 2"

Remember we are Powr BI experts but don't know what your want.

In your new ticket please give examples of input data and the desired output with diagrams with a clear step-by-step non-technical description of any calculations and process flows.

Use consistent and user friendly table and column names.

You will get quicker and better answers this way.

Many thanks

speedramps
Super User
Super User

Try this ...

Create a measure ...

RAG = 
IF( NOT ISFILTERED(yourdata[Market])
&& [Growth] > 0.0193, "Green")

Delete your visual to remove all previous conditional formating and start again.

In your visual click on Growth, Conditional formating, Font colour

speedramps_0-1706805014326.png#

Select Format style = Field value

Apply to = Values and totals

Based on = RAG

speedramps_1-1706805130708.png

Thanks for the clear description of the problem with example data. I wish everyone did that!

Remember we are unpaid volunteers, and you have got free expert help which took a lot of effort,
This solution works and does exactly what you asked.
So please quickly click the [accept as solution] and the thumbs up button to leave kudos. 

One question per ticket please. If you need to change or extend your request then please raise a new ticket.

You will get a quicker response and each volunteer solver will get the kudos they deserve. Thank you ! 

If you quote @speedramps in your next tickets then I will then receive an automatic notification, and will be delighted to help you again.

Please now click the [accept as solution] and the thumbs up button.  Thank you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.