Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Tevon713
Helper IV
Helper IV

Conditional Formatting - Excel

Hi all.

I tried to replicate conditional format in excel to power bi.  Look to be okay, the issue is when someone select single value in the data column it turn green which is not correct. Is there way for the value to remain static not change by the filter?

Tevon713_0-1658336165602.png

Tevon713_1-1658336254738.png

4 REPLIES 4
edhans
Super User
Super User

If you don't want a particular value to be affected by a slicer, you need to select the slicer, go to Format options, Edit Interactions, and disable the filter interaction on the destination visual.

In the below image, the country slicer will have no impact on the table visual shown because I've turned off the interactions for it.

edhans_0-1658339375550.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting

Thanks but what I'm looking for is as follow. 

For example, Site 6 is red as when conditional formatting for overall... but when let say user want to see just single site should remain red but it green. Granted the formatting is correct when looking at the list. In excel when you filter for a single site, it will display correctly doesn't change. Hope I'm making sense.

PBI

Tevon713_0-1658341653360.png

Tevon713_1-1658341865470.png

EXCEL

Tevon713_2-1658342175441.png

Tevon713_4-1658342214705.png

You need to change the conditional formatting rules to use absolute values. when in a range of 500 to negative 200, negative 200 is red, but when it is the only thing, then it is the highest value, so it turns green because you are using the range settings, which change with each filter.

Excel isn't changing the filter context, it is just hiding rows.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting

Understood about conditional format in range. Sound like I have to write custom dax expression to achieve hide and unhide similar to Excel. Actual data is couple hundred thousands rows. I thought be easier method.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.