Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

JIGAR
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

Conditional Fading of colors on bars for a specific category

Hello, 

I have a situation where various types of visuals (mostly stacked column charts, line charts, column charts, 100% stacked column chart) are used on a report in order to show multiple metrics.

On every visual, I need to highlight / fade the (bar, column, line) only where the X-axis value is 2021 Budget. See the sample in the screenshot below. 

Tried a few conditional formatting logics. However, in a case where there is a stacked column chart not sure how do I handle fading of 2 different colors. (In this case there are 2 categories but there could be more)

JIGAR_0-1617684676074.png

Any help on this issue would be highly appreciated.

Thank you

Regards

5 REPLIES 5
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JIGAR,

Maybe you can consider to setting multiple condition to handle color formatting. (first level based on category, second level based on filed values)

If you confused about coding formula, share some dummy data to test.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly
Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hello,

Apologies for the delayed response.

Please see the dummy data below to test.

ID Measure Category 2018 2019 2020 2021 Budget
1 Measure 1 Category 1 10 11 12 15
2 Measure 1 Category 2 20 21 22 25
3 Measure 1 Category 3 30 31 32 35

Based on this dummy data below is the chart that shows what I am trying to achieve. I need to show 2021 Budget in a slightly different color to be able to differentiate it from other years.

Could you please help me with the formula which can address this issue.

Note : This could be any chart (line, column, bar, stacked column, etc). In this example I am showing stacked column

Thank you
Issue.JPG

Hi @JIGAR,

I check the conditional formatting but it seems not suitable for your scenario. (it does not support the visual which used multiple values or ended the legend field)
Perhaps you can try to use script-based visuals(r, python) to manually plot the graph.

Regards,
Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Sure I will try some of those (r, python) based visuals. 

Thank you very much 

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@JIGAR , Stacked visual with legend, does not support conditional formatting

I have explored few option , but stacked with legend is not supported:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqBb5eBf_I4

Log an Idea: https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.