Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

xRTP
Helper V
Helper V

Conditional Column

Hello! Is it possible for conditional column to copy the value on the designated column? On this column i cant convert it to number since it have N/A on it i need to show N/A on the dashboard but i cant compute its percentage if it is not a number so im thinking to create a conditional column for this one. If that column have "N/A" it will copy N/A but if the column has value in it, it will copy the value and convert it to number. Is it possible? Thanks in advance!

111.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @xRTP ,

Power BI is calculated based on columns, so there could be only one data type in one column.

As far as I know, we can show null in number type column in Power BI.

RicoZhou_0-1667988235780.png

Change the column type to Whole Number. Then you need to use both [QualityFeedback] and [Custom] as conditions in your calculation, due to dax will think blank as 0.

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Analystmate
Helper II
Helper II

@xRTP  According to your description, you want to Keep N/A value in QualityFeedback field. Since "N/A" is string value hence issue with compute its percentage. I would suggest do not disturb the existing column and create an additional conditional column for percentage computation purposes.

Analystmate_0-1667930618122.pngAnalystmate_1-1667930650503.png

Thanks

Wow this is genius! but if use the qualityfeedback 2 for my gauge chart. How to show that the agent got an N/A instead of 0?

Hi @xRTP ,

Power BI is calculated based on columns, so there could be only one data type in one column.

As far as I know, we can show null in number type column in Power BI.

RicoZhou_0-1667988235780.png

Change the column type to Whole Number. Then you need to use both [QualityFeedback] and [Custom] as conditions in your calculation, due to dax will think blank as 0.

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.