Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

darentengmfs
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Concatenate Label Bug

Hi,

I am trying to turn off concatenate label in X-axis but nothing happens. I've read a few articles dated 4 years ago and tried to do what they did but it does not work.

Is there an updated workaround to turn off concatenate labels?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@darentengmfs that's weird, not sure what to tell. I know when I don't sort the visual by the x-axis, concatenation on and off doesn't do anything. Hmmm, by chance you can share pbix with the sample data. 

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@darentengmfs if you sort your chart visual by the column on x-axis only then concatenate on and off will work otherwise not.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

@parry2k 

I have 2 duplicate pages that have the same visuals. The first page uses Shipping Country and State as the Axis while the second page uses Billing Country and State as the Axis.

The labels do not concatenate in the second page but concatenates in the first page. Nothing is different besides the fields used as the axis.

Also, I've tried sorting by the columns and it still does not work.

@darentengmfs 

Normally you need to sort the visual by the columns to get it sorted. Have you tried that?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
In doing so, you are also helping me. Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!
Paul on Linkedin.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.