Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

psembaj
Frequent Visitor

Compare a value of a table in a range of values ​​from another table

Hello! 1 query with two tables. Table 1 contains 6 columns: Fecha - Mes - Anio - Desde - Hasta - Incremento Table 2 contains 6 columns. The relationship between these tables is the Mes and Anio. I need each value of the table 2 column " Cant_Real" to be validated by table 1 between the "Desde" - "Hasta" range and return the value of the "Incremento".

Example:

Table 2: "Cant_Real" = 105            //     Corresponds:      Table 1: "Desde"=105    "Hasta"=109     //  Value that I need is: "110"

ScreenShot045.jpgScreenShot046.jpg

The values ​​in the column "DESDE" and "HASTA" change, so they can not be static. I need to evaluate a value between a range of values ​​and bring the value that corresponds to it from another column. I do not know how to do it. Could anyone help me?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Anonymous
Not applicable

What you need is the LOOKUP Function. Try this:

ValueNeeded =
LOOKUPVALUE ( Table1[Incremento], Table1[Desde], Table2[Cant_Real] )

View solution in original post

v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @psembaj,

Please try this formula in a calculated column. 

Value =
CALCULATE (
    MIN ( 'Table1'[Incremento] ),
    FILTER (
        'Table1',
        'Table1'[DESDE] <= [Cant Real]
            && IF ( ISBLANK ( 'Table1'[HASTA] ), 99999, 'Table1'[HASTA] ) >= [Cant Real]
    )
)

Compare-a-value-of-a-table-in-a-range-of-values-from-another-table

Best Regards,
Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @psembaj,

Please try this formula in a calculated column. 

Value =
CALCULATE (
    MIN ( 'Table1'[Incremento] ),
    FILTER (
        'Table1',
        'Table1'[DESDE] <= [Cant Real]
            && IF ( ISBLANK ( 'Table1'[HASTA] ), 99999, 'Table1'[HASTA] ) >= [Cant Real]
    )
)

Compare-a-value-of-a-table-in-a-range-of-values-from-another-table

Best Regards,
Dale

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello! Good day! I was testing the proposed solution, but I find that it does not work correctly. For some reason it works with certain values ​​and not with others, example:

ScreenShot052.jpgScreenShot053.jpg

The values ​​for the month of 10 do it correctly, but not for those of the month 9. Any suggestions, ideas, comments? I thank you because I really do not know what is happening.

Thanks

Hi @psembaj,

Just see from your snapshots, there isn't any data of month 9 in table 1. That's why the results are blanks. If this isn't the cause, please share a sample file. Please mask the sensitive parts first.

Best Regards,
Dale

Anonymous
Not applicable

What you need is the LOOKUP Function. Try this:

ValueNeeded =
LOOKUPVALUE ( Table1[Incremento], Table1[Desde], Table2[Cant_Real] )

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.