Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

cheid_4838
Helper I
Helper I

Columns won't total

I have been asked to include the budget (screenshot) for various categories in the dashboard (see below) I have created. The problem I have is that they can't provide it by week which is how the dashboard is setup so they want me to apply the same totals for each week.  The problem I am having is that the total line is not adding up the total for each line.  It's applying the same value as the other lines.  Is there anyway to get the total line to sum each line to get a grand total for that column?  Thanks for your help.

cheid_4838_0-1707941133046.png

cheid_4838_1-1707941169311.png

2 REPLIES 2
cheid_4838
Helper I
Helper I

For some reason I can't get this formula to work. When I try it as a measure and column I am not able to enter the table and column name after "SUMX". I can only reference the table itself.  When I try this formula (

sumx('Delivery Dates',CALCULATE(sum(BUDGET[BUDGET TRC CT])))  ) I get some crazy number that is not close to what the result should be.  When I do get a result I get the same result for ever row which is what I am trying to avoid.
Daniel29195
Super User
Super User

@cheid_4838 

use the following measure pattern  for budget : 

sumx( tbl_name[col_name] , calculate( sum( tbl_name[budge_col_name])))

-->  sumx(tbl_name[week_start_date] , calculate( sum( budget_table_name [budge_col_name])))

let me know if this helps .

If my answer helped sort things out for you, i would appreciate a thumbs up 👍 and mark it as the solution
It makes a difference and might help someone else too. Thanks for spreading the good vibes! 🤠

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.