Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Columns in Power Query are empty but when I apply a filter the content shows

Hello everyone, 

I am having issues with my data table in the Power Query Editor. When I load my data (a csv file) into Power BI and start to transform it in the power query editor, some columns are partly, or 100% empty whilst other are correct. Even new columns that I create appear empty. However, when I load the data back to Power BI to visualiza it, I get results but I am unsure if I can trust this process. Indeed, I tried applying some filters in Power Query Editor (like removing the "empty") and suddenly all values appeared, but I did not get the same results in Power BI. 

I would be very grateful if someone could enlighten me on this as I am very new to Power BI and want to be 100% sure that I am visualizing the correct data 😅

In addition to this, none of the value from my table in Power Query Editor appear in the data table when I visualize it in Power BI.

Many thanks, 

Louise

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , power query show only sample 1000 rows, initially. So if there are empty rows at the start, then you might not see data. So if you are able to see data after removing empty rows, that should be fine.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , power query show only sample 1000 rows, initially. So if there are empty rows at the start, then you might not see data. So if you are able to see data after removing empty rows, that should be fine.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.