Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

VeljkoP98
Frequent Visitor

Column in table calculated by filter on view

Hello everyone,

SolutionsRegionsYear
Solution 1, Solution 2, Solution 3Region 12022
Solution 1, Solution 2Region 2

Solution 3, Solution 2Region 32022
Solution 1, Solution 4Region 12023

I would like to see if there is a possibility to do the following:
I would like to have an additional table with just the Solutions and counter on how many times certain Solution X appears. 
However i would like to have multiple several dashboards, where I can filter Years or Region, and by filtering those I will get different values, like for example:

SolutionNumber
Solution 1
Solution 2y
Solution 3z
Solution 4u

x,y,z,u - are the number of appearances of Solutions in Column Solution based on the filter you use.

View 1: I filter on the page Region 1, and then i can plot Bar Chart that is going to show me in Region 1 count of Solution 1/2/3/4. 
View 2: I filter on the page Year 2023, and i can plot Bar Chart that is showing me only for Year 2023 representation of how much Solution 1/2/3/4 appeared.

However i am aware that this is hard to implement as multiple filters on multiple pages can make a mess in column. I would like to hear your ideas and suggestions. I know that i can create new columns for each filter option, but since i have multiple Years and multiple Regions, this would mean that i need to make many different columns.

Thank you for your advices in advance.

BR. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
DataInsights
Super User
Super User

@VeljkoP98,

Using Power Query, I would split the Solutions column into rows:

DataInsights_0-1700605399115.png

Then trim the leading space in Solutions and you'll have data that is easier to use:

DataInsights_1-1700605443325.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
DataInsights
Super User
Super User

@VeljkoP98,

Using Power Query, I would split the Solutions column into rows:

DataInsights_0-1700605399115.png

Then trim the leading space in Solutions and you'll have data that is easier to use:

DataInsights_1-1700605443325.png

Seems like an great idea. However would it be possible to split column into rows but in another Table as i want data in this table to stay the same.

@VeljkoP98,

Sure, you can create a second table in Power Query. Right-click the query and select "Reference", and the new query will point to the original query. Apply the steps above to the new query.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.