Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

JonSwed
Advocate II
Advocate II

Colour different countries based on criteria

Hi powerbi wizards,

I'm using the Map visualisation, works pretty well. I'm importing data from Google Analytics and showing sessions per country on the map. So far, so good.

What I'd also like to do is colour countries based on whether they have a certain value in my dataset. In this case it would be three different values, 'active', 'in progress' and 'nothing planned' or similar. These would be represented on the map with three different colours.

I'd just like to know whether I can do this? Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@JonSwed - Yes, you should be able to put that in the Legend if it is a column. If it is a measure, use the Disconnected Table Trick - In general, to use a measure in that way, you need to use the Disconnected Table Trick as this article demonstrates: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Solving-Attendance-with-the-Disconnected-Table-Trick...

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@JonSwed , check if this conditional formatting is allowed on the Map. You can create a color measure and use field option in conditional formatting

Color sales = if(AVERAGE(Sales[Sales Amount])<170,"green","red")
Color Year = if(FIRSTNONBLANK(Table[Year],2014) <=2016,"lightgreen",if(FIRSTNONBLANK(Table[Year],2014)>2018,"red","yellow"))

Color  = if(FIRSTNONBLANK(Table[Year],2014) <=2016 && AVERAGE(Sales[Sales Amount])<170 
,"lightgreen",if(FIRSTNONBLANK(Table[Year],2014)>2018,"red","yellow"))
Color sales = if([Sales Today] -[sales yesterday]>0,"green","red")

color =
switch ( true(),
FIRSTNONBLANK(Table[commodity],"NA") ="commodity1" && sum(Table[Value]) >500,"lightgreen",
FIRSTNONBLANK(Table[commodity],"NA") ="commodity2" && sum(Table[Value]) >1000,"lightgreen",
/// Add more conditions
"red"
)

https://radacad.com/dax-and-conditional-formatting-better-together-find-the-biggest-and-smallest-num...
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-conditional-table-formatting#color-by-color-values

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@JonSwed - Yes, you should be able to put that in the Legend if it is a column. If it is a measure, use the Disconnected Table Trick - In general, to use a measure in that way, you need to use the Disconnected Table Trick as this article demonstrates: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Solving-Attendance-with-the-Disconnected-Table-Trick...

Latest book!:

Thanks for the help guys. I was able to add the required statuses in a new column (I used the merge function to create it) and then adding these as the legend worked like a charm. 

Great!

Latest book!:

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.