Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

JMGData
Regular Visitor

Coding Survey Data Questions for "Theme" Analysis

Hi,

I am in the process of trying to present survey data for a school district but have run into an issue. The raw data looks something like the table below with Respondent Answers (Likert Scale) occupying each row and correspond to the columns that the questions are in. The issue is that I need to aggregate the responses (50% agree, 25% disagree, 25% strongly disagree) based on coded themes. For example Question 1 and Question 4 are about Instruction, Question 2 and Question 5 are about Behavior, Question3 and Question 6 are about Grading. What's the best way of preparing this data so that I can show results based on these themes and also use the demographics as a filter later on? Is there a way to "Theme" this data?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

- J.

Respondent IDDemographicsQuestion 1Question 2Question 3Question 4Question 5Question 6
1AAgreeDisagreeStrongly DisagreeI don't knowDisagreeAgree
2BDisagreeDisagreeAgreeAgreeStrongly AgreeAgree
3AStrongly DisagreeDisagreeDisagreeAgreeStrongly AgreeDisagree
4BStrongle AgreeAgreeAgreeAgreeStrongly DisagreeDisagree
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@JMGData , select the first two columns (columns other then questions) and unpivot other columns, that should help

https://radacad.com/pivot-and-unpivot-with-power-bi

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@JMGData , select the first two columns (columns other then questions) and unpivot other columns, that should help

https://radacad.com/pivot-and-unpivot-with-power-bi

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.