Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

mikereis
Regular Visitor

Clicking on a bar in a bar chart to deselect it

I'm pretty new to Power BI, so be gentle...

As I understand it, the normal behavior in bar/column charts is that when you initially click on a bar, only that bar (measure) is selected and the other bars are deselected.

Is there a way to reverse this behavior, such that when you click on a bar, it is deselected?

I know that multiple bars can be selected using the ctrl button and then deselected also using the ctrl button, but if I have a 30 bars on a visual and I want to remove just one from consideration, it's tedious to have to click and ctrl click 29 bars.

I also tried using Exclude the bar I want to deselect, but when I do that, the other visuals on the page aren't updated based on that Exclusion as they would be when I select and deselect bars.

Another option would be to set up a slicer, but for the user experience, it would be a lot easier to be able to click on a bar to deselect it.

Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

1 REPLY 1
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mikereis ,

It is impossible to custom default selection operations, I'd like to suggest you submit an idea to add more interaction actions for bar/column charts.

Regards,
Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.