Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Click through stacked column chart not filtering table correctly

Hi, I am trying to figure out why clicking on a section of a stacked column chart is not fully filtering a table on the same page.  It shows it as part of the filter of the table, but it is only filtering on the column and not the data part that is sorting the stacked column.  For example, the stacked chart is sorted by rating and the columns are different categories.  When clicking on say a rating of 5 for category A in the stacked column, it should show only the items from category A with rating of 5, but ALL of the ratings are appearing in the table.  The filter shows that it SHOULD be filtering, but it does actually filter it.  I have a screenshot below where it shows the rating as being part of the filter, but it is not actually filtering on the rating AND the category.  It is ONLY filtering on the category and showing all the ratings in the table.  If we click on the rating in a slicer, it filters correctly, but not if you click in the stacked column chart.  Please let me know if you need more information, but I hope this is an easy fix or a bug and not working as intended.  Thank you!

Brain006_0-1611244643316.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

I finally figured it out.  I had only single direction for the relationship between two tables to the main table.  I needed to change it to bi-direction.  That made it work!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

I finally figured it out.  I had only single direction for the relationship between two tables to the main table.  I needed to change it to bi-direction.  That made it work!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.