Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

m_ski_co

Chart - x axis year mismatched from data year

Wondering if anyone can solve this likley very simple challange.  The x-axis on my chart shows a year that is one year ahead of the year represented by the underlying data.  I have no idea why this is.  The Data Type of the source data is Date.  Any suggestions would be very helpful.  Thank you.x axis year mismatched.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @m_ski_co 

I build a table to have a test.

1.png

Firstly I try to use Year column in Axis but my result is that I can't see the exact date when my mouse hover over the line visual.

3.png

If you exactly use hierarchy in Date like   replied before, you may change to the Date column instead of hierarchy.

4.png

If this reply still couldn't help you solve the problem,  please show me more details like your data model,the column you use in the Line chart or provide me with your pbix file sample by your Onedrive for Business.

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @m_ski_co 

Could you tell me if your problem has been solved? If it is, kindly Accept it as the solution. More people will benefit from it. Or you are still confused about it, please provide me with more details about your table and your problem or share me with your pbix file from your Onedrive for Business.

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @m_ski_co 

I build a table to have a test.

1.png

Firstly I try to use Year column in Axis but my result is that I can't see the exact date when my mouse hover over the line visual.

3.png

If you exactly use hierarchy in Date like   replied before, you may change to the Date column instead of hierarchy.

4.png

If this reply still couldn't help you solve the problem,  please show me more details like your data model,the column you use in the Line chart or provide me with your pbix file sample by your Onedrive for Business.

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. 

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@m_ski_co , You are using date Hierarchy or Or year column. Check the data type.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.