Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mjpzx2

Chart Legend Query

Hello,

Sorry if this has been answered, I'm sure it has but I'm not too sure what I'm searching for!  I'm new to power BI and looking to customise a bar chart.  

I'm tracking organisation milestones by department.  On my X Axis I have the department name and on the Y Axis the number of milestones for the year.  

I want to split the number up to show some further information.  If I drag "Status" into the legend it will show the total number, but divided into Not Done, Approached, or Completed.  If instead I add target quarter into the legend it will divide the total up into Q1, Q2, Q3 and Q4.  

Both of these are really useful and what I really want to do is add a button to switch between the chart having Status as the legend or Target Quarter as the legend.  Is this possible (for a novice user!)

Thanks in advance! 😊

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
vojtechsima
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi, @mjpzx2 
This great scenario for introducing Bookmarks:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/desktop-bookmarks?tabs=powerbi-desktop

Please read the documentation and do something like this:

Basically, you first do your chart with Status. Save it as bookmark 1. Change to to Quarter and save it to Bookmark 2.
Then create two bookmark buttons that will switch to Bookmark 1 and Bookmark 2.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
vojtechsima
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi, @mjpzx2 
This great scenario for introducing Bookmarks:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/desktop-bookmarks?tabs=powerbi-desktop

Please read the documentation and do something like this:

Basically, you first do your chart with Status. Save it as bookmark 1. Change to to Quarter and save it to Bookmark 2.
Then create two bookmark buttons that will switch to Bookmark 1 and Bookmark 2.

Awesome - thank you very much for this.  Was much simpler than I thought in the end!

@mjpzx2 NO problem,
If you could please accept my post as a solution so it can help other users find it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.