Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ld17
Helper II
Helper II

Changing blank values with no data to a different value

I am creating a training matrix in Power Bi. I have some trainings that get assigned to certain people but not others. If the box is blank, it means the person was not required to take the training. To avoid confusion, I would like to block out the blank boxes or use a DAX expression that will transform these values to something like "not required." I am not sure, however, how to manipulate the underlying data to achieve this. A screenshot of the matrix is below. Thank you in advance!

Training matrix.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ld17 ,

If the field [(ENV) Environmental Training] is a fact field in the table, you create a calculated column as below to change the blank values. Otherwise, please provide the formula if it is a measure or calculated column. Thank you.

Column = 
IF (
    'Table'[(ENV) Environmental Training] = BLANK (),
    "not required",
    'Table'[(ENV) Environmental Training]
)

yingyinr_0-1669702663271.png

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ld17 ,

If the field [(ENV) Environmental Training] is a fact field in the table, you create a calculated column as below to change the blank values. Otherwise, please provide the formula if it is a measure or calculated column. Thank you.

Column = 
IF (
    'Table'[(ENV) Environmental Training] = BLANK (),
    "not required",
    'Table'[(ENV) Environmental Training]
)

yingyinr_0-1669702663271.png

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
FreemanZ
Super User
Super User

is (ENV) Environmental Training a measure?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.