Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Change in a report and apply in all other reports

Hi,

I am beginner in PowerBI and my problem is I have 60-70 power bi reports, which is designed for group of companies called PEO. PEO administrators has also permission to make changes in power bi reports. But when PEO users want to apply some changes in all reports, they ask me to change in report which is most of the times is same for all the users. Right now I have to download reports from power bi.com and make changes in all reports one by one and publish them. I want some generic solution for this problem. I am looking for the solution to make changes in one report and then apply the same change in all other reports. All reports are designed in a way, we have imported data in report from SQL server and each report has connected with different databases but model structure and visuals are almost similar in all reports. Please help me! Thanks in Advance.

1 REPLY 1
Tad17
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hey @Anonymous 

Unfortunately there is no quick way to do this. The closest you are going to get is the ability to copy/paste between desktop files which was covered in this update release: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-desktop-november-2018-feature-summary/#copyPaste

My thought is that you create a master report and pin the visuals to other reports/dashboards and then filter them on the different reports/dashboards for the intended purpose of that specific report. See this thread from someone in a similar situation: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Updating-Multiple-reports-by-making-changes-to-a-Master-Report/td-p/365346

If this helps please kudo.

If this solves your problem please accept it as a solution.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.