Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JeremyM
Frequent Visitor

Card showing count of rows in a visual table

Hi,

I have a visual table as follows:

Vehicle LicenceCurrent StatusCount of ID
11111Live15
22222Staging12
33333Live17

I'm wanting to display the number of rows in this visual table in a new card.

The table has filters on for the types of Current Status to display and the Count of ID must be greater than 10.

How do I create a measure (I'm assuming a measure is the way to go?) to display the number of rows only. In this case it is 3.

If Vehicle Licence is clicked, then this table adjusts to only show that row, and the card should adjust to show 1.

Is this something that is possible? I'm finding it very confusing.

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
sergej_og
Super User
Super User

Do you mean something like  this?
Measure_name = COUNTROWS(your_table)

Regards

Not exactly, as I don't want to measure the number of rows in the data table, but in the visual table. So what is being displayed. Or am I missing that there is a way to address a visual table? I can only see how to reference a data table.

What do you expect as output? I did´t catched it.
Can you show (in Excel maybe)?

Maybe you will need a virtual table for your purpose

JeremyM_1-1697616109143.png

Hi, see the image above - it shows my visual table (redacted some information), along with a pie graph and a card with the number of vehicles. I would like this card to display the number of rows in the visual table on the left.

If one of the items in the pie graph is clicked, it filters the table on the left. I would like the card of vehicle count to adjust as well. 

There are also filters on the page as well as on each visual component of Count of ID > 19 and to only have certain Statuses.

The information Vehicle Licence and ID are in one data table, and Current Status is in another data table. There is a link between the tables.

This doesn't translate onto the card or the pie graph. 

The data in each table looks like this

As you can see there are multiple rows per vehicle licence.

ID Vehicle Licence
12345 11111
12346 22222
12347 11111
12348 44444
12349 22222
12350 33333
12351 11111

Table with Status data

Vehicle Licence Status
11111 WARRANTISSUED
22222 STRATWARRANT
33333 WARRANTISSUED
44444 DRWARRANT

I'm not sure if this gives you enough information to understand what I am trying to do?

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.