Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Card Visual

Card Visual filters: After publishing the report, applied filters don’t seem to work properly, the visual displays as-is with filters still applied. This normally happens after the report is published & is refreshed either through a schedule or manually from dateset, my applied card visual filters have values "True" or "False", upon my investigation I noticed new filter values: "-1" & "0" instead of "True" or "False" and that is the reason why the originally applied filters don’t work anymore then I was forced to reapply the filters on the cloud for the same report and this time around my new filter values are “-1” or “0” instead of “True” or “False”. Is there specific reason why this is happening?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

HI @MatlolHG

This might be because of the data present in that column or measure whihc is an invalid True/False.

I always use 1 and 0 for that case and create a function to display true for 1 and false for 0

IF([COL]=1,"True","False")

PBI_SuperUser_Rank@1x.png

Hope it resolves your issue? 
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Appreciate your Kudos, Press the thumbs up button!!
Linkedin Profile

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @pranit828

Sorry for the delay in response

As you advised,

I added a new conditional column to change the desktop attribute values from "True" or "False" to "0" or "-1" and reised the report.

Power Query Used: Table.AddColumn(-"Filtered Rows", "ColumnName", each if [ColumnName] á true then 0 else if [ColumnName] á false then -1 else null)

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Could you please provide the field or mesure which applied on card visual and its formula in order to make troubleshooting? Besides that, please provide the screen shot about the setting of Filter pane.Thank you. 

Best Regards

Rena

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @yingyinr

Although I marked the problem "resolved" I still have this question, why is the card visual converting text values to numeric values

1. Data attributes values

MatlolHG_0-1597926219800.png

2. Applied filters before publishing the report to the cloud

MatlolHG_2-1597926317784.png

3. Filter values after publishing the report

MatlolHG_3-1597926448656.png

Point 3) above demonstrate why the applied filters were not effective after publishing the report to the cloud

pranit828
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Anonymous 

Can you please check if you have the data type as below. IF not please change and retry

pranit828_0-1597861953428.png

Linkedin Profile
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @pranit828

Thanks for the response, I get visual error when changing data type to "True/False" Error: The function count cannot work with values type boolean

HI @MatlolHG

This might be because of the data present in that column or measure whihc is an invalid True/False.

I always use 1 and 0 for that case and create a function to display true for 1 and false for 0

IF([COL]=1,"True","False")

Linkedin Profile
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @pranit828

Sorry for the delay in response

As you advised,

I added a new conditional column to change the desktop attribute values from "True" or "False" to "0" or "-1" and reised the report.

Power Query Used: Table.AddColumn(-"Filtered Rows", "ColumnName", each if [ColumnName] á true then 0 else if [ColumnName] á false then -1 else null)

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , Typically these republish error goes away with clear cache and refresh. Check that out, if this can work for you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.