Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Joe_Grosskopf
Helper II
Helper II

Cannot add a trend line to a scatter chart

I have a scatter chart with days on the y axis (late or ontime) and dates on teh x axis...the initial setup looks good (fig 1) however there is no trend line option under analysis. I read the date has to be a hierarchy to enable it...I did that and tred line does appear but the chart never shows the dates across the x axis like before and if I drill down, the option for a trend line dissapears again. How do I get a tred line using actual dates?

After drill down, trend line disappearsAfter drill down, trend line disappearsTrend Line (Cannot turn on)Trend Line (Cannot turn on)After HierrachyAfter HierrachyNo Trend lineNo Trend lineFig 1Fig 1

3 REPLIES 3
Joe_Grosskopf
Helper II
Helper II

hat do you put in there? I have dates below and item in the y axis....I don;'t know what is the 3rd item to put in values

Joe_Grosskopf
Helper II
Helper II

I can't seem to figure out what to put in teh value field. Each time I select a fdield it gives an error and says I have to summarize something. I don't want to summarize anything. the scatter dots are how I want to see them.

v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Joe_Grosskopf ,

By my test, only when the X- and Y- axis are number type and the summarization is sum, there's a trend line option is available.

vkalyjmsft_0-1664863391617.png

vkalyjmsft_1-1664863573361.png

From you snapshot, I guess there is no data in the Values filed, I think it's required.

vkalyjmsft_2-1664863795873.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ kalyj

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.