Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

LazyUser
Helper I
Helper I

Can't save a custom theme of dashboard.

I can't save the custom theme I am creating using custom theme option of Dashboard in Power BI service. Please suggest workaround.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Never mind, I was able to save theme after I got my role upgraded from contributor to member.

Thanks

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-kelly-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hello @LazyUser ,

Pls note the following:

Use custom options to create your own dashboard theme. If you add a background image, we recommend that your image have at least a resolution of 1920x1080. To use an image as a background, upload the image to a public website, copy the URL, and paste it into theImage URL field.

If your report uses a different theme from the dashboard theme, you can control whether the visual retains the current theme, or use the dashboard theme to achieve consistency between visuals across multiple sources. When you pin an icon to a dashboard, to keep the report topic, select Keep Current Theme. The visual in the dashboard preserves the report theme, including transparency settings.

The only time you'll see tile theme options is if you created the report in Power BI Desktop, added areport topic, and then published the report to the Power BI service.

power-bi-keep-current.png

Try re-fixing the tile and selectingUse board theme.

power-bi-use-destination.png

• Dashboard themes cannot be applied to pinned live report pages, iframe icons, SSRS icons, book icons, or images.

• Dashboard topics can be viewed on mobile devices, but creating a dashboard theme can only be done in the Power BI service.

• Custom themes in the dashboard only work with tiles pinned from reports.

More information, click here.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/service-dashboard-themes

Saludos
Kelly
Did I answer your question? Mark my position as a solution!

Never mind, I was able to save theme after I got my role upgraded from contributor to member.

Thanks

v-kelly-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @LazyUser ,

Pls note the following:

Use the custom options to create your own dashboard theme. If adding a background image, we recommend that your image be at least 1920x1080 resolution. To use an image as a background, upload the image to a public website, copy the URL, and paste it into the Image URL field.

If your report is using a different theme from the dashboard theme, you can control whether the visual retains current theme, or uses the dashboard theme to achieve consistency across visuals from various sources. When pinning a tile to a dashboard, to keep the report theme, select Keep current theme. The visual, on the dashboard, will retain the report theme, including transparency settings.

The only time you'll see Tile Theming options is if you created the report in Power BI Desktop, added a report theme, and then published the report to Power BI service.

power-bi-keep-current.png

Try re-pinning the tile and selecting Use dashboard theme.

power-bi-use-destination.png

• Dashboard themes cannot be applied to pinned live report pages, iframe tiles, SSRS tiles, workbook tiles, or images.

• Dashboard themes can be viewed on mobile devices but creating a dashboard theme can only be done in Power BI service.

• Dashboard custom themes only work with tiles pinned from reports.

More information,pls click here.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/service-dashboard-themes

Best Regards,
Kelly
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.