Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can't Display the Visual (Desktop, Import from Analysis Services)

Im receiving "Can't display the visual" when trying to create any visual. I'm importing data from Analysis Service, it works fine when using direct query but for security reasons this is not an option when later publishing. The report will furtherly contain multiple sources.

It works fine with excel-data or data from MS Access. I can see the data in table format under Table and Edit Queries. I have uninstalled and installed the latest version of PBI and also tried creating countrows([table]) measures. The data is in text, decimal and text and none of it works. Also when putting the data in the filter i recieve "Unable to receive list of items".

What is wrong?

Parts of error message:
2.39.4526.362 (PBIDesktop) (x86)

Release:
September, 2016

IE Version:

OS Version:
Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 (x86 sv-SE)

CLR Version:
4.6.1 or later [Release Number = 394271]

Workbook Package Info:
1* - sv-SE, fastCombine: Disabled.

Peak Working Set:
360 MB

Private Memory:
330 MB

Peak Virtual Memory:
1.07 GB

Error Message:
An error was encountered in the transport layer.

Telemetry Enabled:
True

Model Default Mode:
Import

2.39.4526.362 (PBIDesktop)

Error Code:
rsDataShapeProcessingError

OData Error Message:
Failed to open the connection.

Formulas:

5 REPLIES 5
bensat2
Regular Visitor

i am not able to get any visual whether it is from excel, web, access or any other data, it says can't display visuals. even if there is no error in the querryy editor, i am free user. i am using power bi for the first time, could there be issues in the software download how to check this

satish

Hi @bensat2,

Which Power BI Desktop version did you run? Would you please update it to the latest version 2.39.4526.362? Also please us the screenshots about the visual.

Best Regards,

Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

i am using the same version 32 bit, but my  system is 64 bit. what all softwares  required for power BI to work ,( Ex does it require NET, SQl, etc)

Hi @bensat2,

You can refer to the minimum requirements of Power BI desktop from this: Minimum requirements.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

I'm not able to reproduce the issue in Power BI Desktop version 2.39.4526.362. In your scenario, please open Query Editor to check if there are any steps have error. As connect to SSAS in Import model, data will be imported and tables will be created. If there is no error with data connection, the visual should be fine to display data.

Also please enable desktop trace log to check detail error message.

q1.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.