Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I filter a visual without a slicer?

I have the following visual. It calculates the total average for 20 different fields but I want to display individual averages for the fields without making 20 different measures. I have done this by just unpivoting all the fields into one column and adding a slicer to filter out for each one which seems to work. However, I want to make 20 different visuals, with each one displaying the average for one of the attributes. Is there a way to do this from the visual rather than adding 20 different slicers that will clog up the report page?

XYZ1233_0-1649663806586.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AlexanderPrime
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

AlexanderPrime_0-1649664220811.png

If you click on the visual, on the filters pane you can define the criteria there for each individual attribute without needing a slicer. 

Please note - I am not affiliated with Microsoft, I'm just an end user like yourself.
Just a regular guy doin' Data Science.

If my post has helped you, please don't forget to thumbs up or click "Accept as solution" if it solved your problem!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
AlexanderPrime
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

AlexanderPrime_0-1649664220811.png

If you click on the visual, on the filters pane you can define the criteria there for each individual attribute without needing a slicer. 

Please note - I am not affiliated with Microsoft, I'm just an end user like yourself.
Just a regular guy doin' Data Science.

If my post has helped you, please don't forget to thumbs up or click "Accept as solution" if it solved your problem!

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.