Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mjananji

Calculationg forecast for current quarter and adding to my sales running total

Hi,

I want to show forecast sales for the remaning weeks of current quarter, based on my average sales per week. I have a SalesFact table with sales by date and a Date Dim table with these columns, and a 'one to many' relationship using the Date column in both tables.

mjananji_0-1695688216814.png

I want to show the forcast revenues as a fifth column on this visual where values will be $0.00 for previous WeekOfQuarter (where we do have revenues) and the forcast values in the the rest of the weeks for current quarter. I have 13 weeks in each quarter, thus my final visual should have 13 rows (besides the total).

mjananji_1-1695688750412.png

How can this be done? Ithought of creating a new table to store my past values and calculate my foraccast for remaing weeks. Is this the way I should try to solve this? I have difficulty crating my new table and don't know if I should persue in this way.

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
1 REPLY 1
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.