Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Laila92
Helper V
Helper V

Calculated table/vlookup

I am struggling with the following:
I have one table (1) with deal ID's and data about related activities (one deal ID can have multiple activity IDs).
I have another table (2) with deal IDs and data about the deals, i do also have the activity ID here so it has a relationship with table 1.

Now I want to filter out the deal IDs from the first table that have activity type = DEMO, activity creator = x,y or z (and possibly a few more criteria). I then want the second table to take those filtered deal IDs and filter out the deal IDs that are WON.
(So I want all the won deals that have an activity of type = DEMO and activity creator = x,y or z).

I have been trying to create virtual tables and summarizing them in different ways, taking VALUES from the first (filtered) table and then SUMMARIZING it with the second table but to no avail. 

Example data https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1iS6VXX9r0S8hpu-TzgLnSNleF8lo_0L-mJCaLFXIRE0/edit?usp=sharing

6 REPLIES 6
v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Laila92 ,

I did't find the activity creator and the values you want to summarized in your sample data thus i couldn't image the expected result you want. However, i do think about if we could use Merge table feature or CROSSJOIN() function here.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/desktop-shape-and-combine-data#combine-querie...

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dax/crossjoin-function-dax

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay Wang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.
sanimesa
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

@Laila92You could probably create a relationship between the two tables, that might make this easier.

Sorry I should have mentioned this but there is a relationship between Activity ID and the activity ID in the deals table, i will edit the question

@Laila92So it looks like you want to pick deals that were won (plus additional selection criteria) which have an activity of type demo.

lookupvalue will not work since it could return multiple values. One option is to add a relationship between the deal ids (it will be inactive) and then create a count measure that counts the number of activities for the deal with type demo, you will need to use Userelationship for this.

harshnathani
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Laila92 ,

Pls share some sample data.

Regards,

HN

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.