Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JM87Power
Regular Visitor

Calculated Field in matrix Table and sum totals

Hi,

I have a datatabel (see below, column until Value). This data is kept per period. I want to create the column called Create wereby the value is divided by the Volume. Which is one volume for the Period. I cannot get this fixed, as in the calculated column I have, the subtotals are added. So that for Cat B the total is 5.300 as value, but should still be divided by the 1000, but it is divided then by 2.000. I am not sure what I have to create to get the correct column. By the way below is not based on the Matrix I have but on the Data were the Matix is working with. Hopefully someone can help me.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Capture.JPG

4 REPLIES 4
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@JM87Power,

Does the following DAX return your expected result?

Create = Overview[Value]/CALCULATE(FIRSTNONBLANK(Overview[Value],1),FILTER(Overview,Overview[CAT A]="Volume"))

1.JPG

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Lydia,

This is exactly what I wanted/expected. However, when I fill in the formula I get negative numbers.

Is it possible because if have more columns in my data, wereby that is linked to a location, therefore I can have multiple Volume values. Even if I change location with a slicer, it still picks up the wrong value. When I add the data like below, it will split everything by 500, but not by the volume of the corresponding period. (have added 201802 for some rows).

thnx in advance

JM

Capture2.JPGCapture3.JPG

@JM87Power,

Could you please post expected result based on  the new sample table you post? Would you like to split the value by Volume 500 or Volume 1000?

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Sorry for being unclear.

I am expecting to have the divider used by the period.

So therefore, I am expecting that 201801 all is divided by 1000, and for 201802 all is split by 500.

In the example, you see that everything has been split by 500. (first/lowest number?)

And then, because I use slicers, the example is taking it as a total. But in essence when I select on Location A in the slicer, I am expecting the divider in 201801 to use the Volume for only that location A. (650 in the example). when I select them both, I expect to have 1000 as divider.

Capture4.JPG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.