Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Sougata_Biswas

Calculate Function - Not Working!

Hi, So I have two tables.

1. Dim Date

2. Fact Table

In the dim date table, I have created a new column that contains week numbers. On the other hand, using the fact table I created a new measure that contains my total revenue.

Now I want to calculate revenue each week.

The formula am using is: "Revenue per Week = CALCULATE([Revenue],All('Dim Date'[Weeknum])" 

The result I am getting is:

Sougata_Biswas_0-1715795109291.png

Can someone tell me what am I doing wrong here? 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
audreygerred
Super User
Super User

Hi! For Revenue, just make the measure be Revenue = SUM('Your Table'[Revenue]) then in the visual, put the week numbers in and put in the Revenue measure - it will show you your revenue per week naturally. 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

Since the figures are repeating that usually indicated that you don't have the date table joined to the fact table. Check to see if you have the join and if it is there, double check that it is working properly (i.e. put date from fact in a table and date from dim date in the same table and see if both columns are filled in).

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
audreygerred
Super User
Super User

Hi! For Revenue, just make the measure be Revenue = SUM('Your Table'[Revenue]) then in the visual, put the week numbers in and put in the Revenue measure - it will show you your revenue per week naturally. 

@audreygerred I tried that too didn't work. 

Sougata_Biswas_0-1715798502581.png

It only works when I create a new column with week numbers in the same table. Not when the week numbers are in another table.

Since the figures are repeating that usually indicated that you don't have the date table joined to the fact table. Check to see if you have the join and if it is there, double check that it is working properly (i.e. put date from fact in a table and date from dim date in the same table and see if both columns are filled in).

Thank you so much! Yes, there was an error in the relation. 

You're very welcome!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.