Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

StoryofData
Helper III
Helper III

Buttons and Drill Through

Hi, 

I need to show all cities in a table format and then have an option for a city summary on a separate page. I've achieved that through Drill Through. Is this the most efficient way to solve this problem? 

My hesistation with using Drill Through is the extra options that appear on the menu - Show as a table, Include, Exclude, etc. 

StoryofData_0-1686595069585.png

3 REPLIES 3
TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey @StoryofData ,

maybe you are looking for conditional drillthrough/page navigation, this page shows an example: https://visualbi.com/blogs/microsoft/powerbi/conditionally-drill-action-power-bi/

Regards,

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany
TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey @StoryofData ,

the simple answer is - yes this is the most efficient way to pass a single city to another report page showing details of the selected city.

A different approach is to provide the detail information as a report page tooltip: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/desktop-tooltips?tabs=powerbi-desktop
I consider a report page tooltip a more intuitive means to present detail information to a selected element, because it appears on mouse-over. On the other hand, interactivity with the report page is limited.

Hopefully, this helps to tackle your challenge.

Regards,

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

Tooltip might actually be intersting to use as a quick view but I still a separate page for each city, I appreaciate the tip though! 

Any way to achieve this through buttons maybe?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.