Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Irwin
Helper IV
Helper IV

Button to extract all data from a table to excel

Hi Everyone,

I am looking for a way to create a button that extracts all data from a certain table to a downloadable excel file.

If possible I would love that the selected filters/slicers would be applied to the download.

Is any such thing possible? 

Thank you for all assistance 🙂

6 REPLIES 6
Tahreem24
Super User
Super User

@Irwin Try this videos to get some idea on exporting using button:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sd3YCjN8Co4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnTipbooeP0

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Please take a quick glance at newly created dashboards : Restaurant Management Dashboard , HR Analytics Report , Hotel Management Report, Sales Analysis Report , Fortune 500 Companies Analysis , Revenue Tracking Dashboard

Thank you very much! This might be what I am looking for. I will need to watch your vids and educate myself a little. I hope I can get it to work 🙂

mh2587
Super User
Super User

You can just do this from clicking the three dots in the right top corner of the visual and select export data

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

LinkedIn Icon
Muhammad Hasnain

Hi mh2587,

Yes thank you. However that is just from one figure? I would like to just make a button that would extract the entire table (approx 100 columns and alot of rows)

croberts21
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

I'm not sure what you mean by "figure".

If you go to a viz, click the 3 dots, and export to an Excel file your Excel file contains only the columns and rows the viz shows you.

Hi Croberts,

Okay. Maybe I was bad at expressing myself.

A visual can only contain the data you supply to it. So if I extract something from a line chart it gives me what I put in to create the lines.

I want a button that downloades an excel sheet containing the entire table (with all columns). 
I suppose I could create a table with all my columns... but I have 100 and it would look "ugly" in the report.

It would also not be as user friendly for the end user to "click the three dots". The people I am developing this for have a hard time just clicking a button with instructions. 

I would like a button that says "Data" and once clicked an excel sheet is auto downloaded to their download folder containing the entire table I have created my 50+ visuals from.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.