Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Mat42
Helper III
Helper III

Building App URL

So, we're building a report that contains links to other reports. This is working fine and we're building report URLs using data pulled from the backend of Power BI (Report ID, Report Name, Workspace ID, Workspace Name etc). However, a colleague pointed out that many people don't have access to a report directly but access them via apps. So, I set about building a URL for the relevant apps. But, I've hit a snag.

Report URLs are comprised of hard-coded parts like 'https://app.powerbi.com/' and workspace and report IDs. But an app URL appears to have an ID I can't find. Here's an obviously anonymised example:

https://app.powerbi.com/Redirect?action=OpenApp&appId=JH123456-6c1k-9f77-a2cf-q11q1qq11q1q&ctid=q1q1...

So, if building the URL the blue section would be hard coded and the green would be the app ID. However, where does the red ID come from? I can't find it in any of our extracted data?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

ctid is your company tenant ID .  It is not a required part of the URL and can be safely omitted.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

ctid is your company tenant ID .  It is not a required part of the URL and can be safely omitted.

Perfect! That'll explain why I can't find it in the data.

Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.