Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

oscarmqz
Advocate II
Advocate II

Bridge table or many to many relationship odd behaivor

Hi, I have 2 tables, one with all the fact data for orders from customers and then I have a dimension by customer, the wave and team they are part of, a customer can be part of two teams so the relationshp wouldbe a many to many. I tried using the many to many relationship directly in power BI with cross filtering set to BOTH but it didn't work. Then I tried the old way creating a bridge table with unique IDs from both tables and creating Many to 1 - 1 ToMany relationships with the bridge, but the outcome is the same. I cannot pull fields from my tables.... here are a couple screenshots

If I use a report level filter based on Query 1, then Waves data goes blank, and the other way around, if I select something on waves, then data on Query 1 goes blank.

Data model

filtering Query 1

Filtering on waves

1 REPLY 1
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @oscarmqz ,

Can you please share a pbix file for test? It is hard to troubleshoot without any sample data.

Notice: do mask on sensitive data before share.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.