Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Harry_Tran
Helper III
Helper III

Bookmark is empty after changing the dataset

Hi everyone,

I have a report with 2 pages. Let say page 1 and page 2. Page 1 using dataset1 and page2 using dataset2.

Each page has 5 different bottoms with bookmarks.

Both dataset1 and dataset2 using the data from Database A. Now we need to replace the report using the data from Database B. The tables have same name and same column.

What I did was I went to Direct Query, change the Datasource Connection and repalce the old dataset with the new one. For ex, my old dataset " Select * from Database_A.dbo.table1" now I change it to "Select * from Database_B.dbo.table1". I do it the same for both dataset.

The issue that I have is after change the dataset. Page 1 works OK, everthing is updated with the new dataset, But the Page 2, all of the bookmarks are empty. Slicers and Visuals are empty with no data.

The dataset 2 itself has data. If I add Page 3 to the report and pull the any column from dataset2 to Page 3, it has data, but if I pull any column from dataset 2 to Page 2, it shows nothing.

My Bookmarks have Display, Current Page and Visuals checked.

Please help if you have any solution

TIA

1 REPLY 1
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @Harry_Tran ,

I know you do not refer the Data on the checked marks but is it on or off?

If you have the data selected it will be searching for the original filters and may not be finding them.

Do you use any filters on the filter pane that may be influencing your view?

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.