Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

sraj
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Blank card when no selection made

I created this measure to give me a blank card when I dont select my slicer, otherwise it is giving me the first on the list.  Right now I have selected John Doe who is married, but the filing status shows as blank.  I have used this before and has worked, but not sure whats different here.

Capture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi  @sraj ,

Try a measure as below:

Filing Status = IF(ISFILTERED(TABLE[LastName]), MIN(TABLE[FilingStatus]), "" )

Best Regards,
Kelly
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@sraj it doesn't give you first value but selected value, if there are two records for John Doe, you will get blank, use min or max functions.

I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop-shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

sraj
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

@parry2k - Can you please help with the measure?

Filing Status Measure = MAX(TABLE[FilingStatus],"")

@sraj try this

IF ( HASONEVALUE ( Table[Name] ), MAX ( Table[FilingStatus] ), "" )

you want to make sure a name is selected, change table and column name as per you model.

I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop-shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

sraj
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

As you suggested before I had to use the MIN.
Filing Status = IF(HASONEVALUE(TABLE[LastName]), MIN(TABLE[FilingStatus]), "" )

Thanks for your help!

Hi  @sraj ,

Try a measure as below:

Filing Status = IF(ISFILTERED(TABLE[LastName]), MIN(TABLE[FilingStatus]), "" )

Best Regards,
Kelly
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.