Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Kellef
Helper I
Helper I

Best praxis for saving/store files from pbi , paginated reports as xlsx/PDF files to push up to db

Hello,

I need to save/store files daily from PBI services (paginated reports) in excel/PDF format to then be able to upload them to sql server/DB to finally be able to email out to my customers.

My customers are outside the organization, we use embedded for regular PBI reporting (PBIX).

my first thought that hits me is file storage so its easy to push it up trough maps.

So, i need to save the files outside the organisation then push them up to my sql server. It seems like its not supported directly from PBI to SQL server.

Best regards,
Patrik

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

This sounds like a backwards process.  But if you really must, you can use Power Automate to export Power BI reports to PDF and then push these PDFs into SQL BLOBs.  Requires Premium Power Automate license.

View solution in original post

This sounds like an Azure file storage. Either no gateway or a VNet gateway is required for that

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Kellef
Helper I
Helper I

Yes thats correct, you need to have premium license.

So i tried file system instead, but now im getting other kind of challenges. 

Im trying to store theese files in our server trough a gateway but get this errormessage: 
The requested action could not be completed. Check your request parameters to make sure the path '' exists on your file system." }, "source": "filesystem-we.azconn-we-002.p.azurewebsites.net" }.

im using the same path and login trough my desktop and it works but in my automate flow it doesnt want to go trough.

This sounds like an Azure file storage. Either no gateway or a VNet gateway is required for that

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

This sounds like a backwards process.  But if you really must, you can use Power Automate to export Power BI reports to PDF and then push these PDFs into SQL BLOBs.  Requires Premium Power Automate license.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.