Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

jonvesguerra

Bar Chart Formatting Issue

Hello everyone,

I have a clustered bar chart in BI that shows top 10 customers based on booked amount. The variables here are customer name and TopN, a dax measure that calculates the top 10 customers based on bookings.

For some reason, one of the bars displays a different color than the rest. All of my bars are blue, but any time this customer is shown as a top 10 customer, the bar shows as red. I haven't added any conditional formatting to this visual. Even when filtering through different years, all of the bars/customers are fine and use the same color except for this one particular customer.

I also see that when I change the graph type the bars or data marker is still red. Could anyone explain this? Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
belvoir99
Resolver III
Resolver III

Best guess: sometimes I have copied and pasted a visual and I had changed the colour for a specific value on the original visual. You could try and select 'reset to default' on the Bars option in the Formatting pane, and see if that resets your rogue customer. If it does, then the colour has been set manually at some point. If resetting messes up other settings, you can go to the Categories dropdown in the Bars option and select your customer and set the colour manually there.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jonvesguerra

Resetting helped! Not sure what the exact issue was but this is great. Thank you so much!

Glad I could help!!! 😀

belvoir99
Resolver III
Resolver III

Best guess: sometimes I have copied and pasted a visual and I had changed the colour for a specific value on the original visual. You could try and select 'reset to default' on the Bars option in the Formatting pane, and see if that resets your rogue customer. If it does, then the colour has been set manually at some point. If resetting messes up other settings, you can go to the Categories dropdown in the Bars option and select your customer and set the colour manually there.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.