Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

SCTomas

Background gradient colors based on a value outside the visual

Hi,

I made a matrix showing different profit scenarios based on demand, price and cost changes and I would like to add a background color to it that reacts to the actual profit value.

1.JPG

Asuming the cost would increase a 20% and the center color value should be "actual profit" (something I don't know how to do), the matrix should have more red than green. I tried to manually add the actual profit as center color to the gradient, but it wouldn't change when selecting the year in the slicer since it is not dynamic.

2.JPG

3.JPG

As said, when selecting a year in the slicer the matrix shows all red since the scenario values are much lower than the value I manually added as center color:

4.JPG

Is there any way to dynamically take the actual profit value as the center color? Or a workaround to achieve the same?

Thank you very much. Any help will be appreciated.

Sorry if this was already asked, I've been searching and couldn't find the answer.

2 REPLIES 2
SCTomas

Hi,@v-binbinyu-msft , thank you for your response

I'll try to explain myself a bit better.

I have two measures:

One calculating the profit (showed on the card "actual profit")

Another one calculating the profit based on different scenarios (showed in the matrix).

If the costs, the demand and the price don't change, the profit scenario and the actual profit are the same:

1.1.JPG

If the cost increase or decrease, the profit scenario changes accordingly:

1.2.jpg

I'd like to achieve a background color that dynamically takes the measure "actual profit" as the center color of the gradient. In the picture showed above, the center should be greener as it is higher than the actual profit.

With -20% costs, it should look like this:

1.3.JPG

Thank you very much for your efforts,

Cheers

v-binbinyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SCTomas ,

I'm a little confused about your needs, Could you please explain them further? It would be good to provide a screenshot of the results you are expecting .

Thanks for your efforts & time in advance.

Best regards,
Community Support Team_ Binbin Yu

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.