Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Azure Map reference layer not changing from default

I am using the Azure Map visualization to show our client locations. I want to add a reference layer with our office locations that doesn't overpower my client locations. (The below photo shows the current map with reference layer.)

Per this documentation (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/javascript/api/azure-maps-control/atlas.bubblelayeroptions?view=azu...), I should be able to specify the bubble opacity, the stroke width and color, etc. though these settings aren't changing. The only settings that are working are "marker-size": "small" and "color": "#000000". 

I want the stroke color to go away, be black, or at the least be 1 rather than the default 2. I'd like bubble "radius": 4, rather than "marker-size": "small" which is 6, but when I specify "radius": 4 rather than "marker-size": "small" in my .geojson file, the bubbles default to size 8. I'd also love the opacity to be .8 rather than the default 1... 

Does anyone know how to make these specifications work in the reference layer?

Map w Reference Layer.png

Here's a small sample of my .geojson code that produced the above map, where my stroke and opacity specifications are being ignored:

{
"type": "FeatureCollection",
"features": [
{
"type": "Feature",
"properties": {
"marker-color": "#000000",

"marker-size": "small",
"opacity": 0.8,
"strokeColor": "#000000",
"strokeWidth": 1,
"BKD Office": "Austin Office"
},
"geometry": {
"type": "Point",
"coordinates": [
]
}
},

1 REPLY 1
v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

Maybe you can first validate the .geojson code with some tools like GeoJSON Viewer & Validator. Also, you can use this tool to generate code for formatting settings. 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.