Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

pbiuser0000
Regular Visitor

Avoid Aggregation for Gauge

Hello all,

I have a gauge visualisation where I want to display the level required as target value.

The point is although the field is set as not summarize, when I drag it to the visualisation, PowerBi automatically aggregates (e.g. Number) :

pbiuser0000_0-1629807104220.png

But in my master data :

pbiuser0000_1-1629807195189.png

And fact table :

pbiuser0000_2-1629807225926.png

Is there someone to help ?

Thank you in advance.

BR

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @pbiuser0000 

For Gauge visual , you can only put fields with Whole number type in it . In Target value , the value for field is impossible to display classified .So when you put field “Level Required” in Target value , the displayed data is not your actual data in the master table, but aggregated calculations .

Ailsamsft_0-1629946624850.png

My suggestion is adding a slicer with “Skill”from master table. And choose sum for “Level Required” in Target value

Ailsamsft_1-1629946624851.pngAilsamsft_2-1629946624853.pngAilsamsft_3-1629946624854.png

I have attached my pbix file ,you can refer to it .

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @pbiuser0000 

For Gauge visual , you can only put fields with Whole number type in it . In Target value , the value for field is impossible to display classified .So when you put field “Level Required” in Target value , the displayed data is not your actual data in the master table, but aggregated calculations .

Ailsamsft_0-1629946624850.png

My suggestion is adding a slicer with “Skill”from master table. And choose sum for “Level Required” in Target value

Ailsamsft_1-1629946624851.pngAilsamsft_2-1629946624853.pngAilsamsft_3-1629946624854.png

I have attached my pbix file ,you can refer to it .

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello @v-yetao1-msft,

Thank you a lot for your help.

I could apply and get the good result with my file.

But at first, I couldn't get the same result as yours because I used in the slicer the "Skill" from the fact table and show me the sum of the whole master data. But the one from the master data shows me the right result.

Do you have any recommandation on how to use a common field between a fact and a master data ?

I don't remind observe this behaviour in other data viz tool (Qlik, Tableau...)

Best regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.