Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dbrown2002
Regular Visitor

Apply Changes to Queries

Afternoon,

Urgent one, we have a monthly HR dashboard that we issue to the business, I have set up a dashboard which is linked to an excel spreadsheet containing many sheets and info. As we only have the standard licence, we usually have to update the data source to the same location within our sharepoint, just on the other persons laptop so it pulls the info through properly, which works fine.

For some reason I've been told the data wont refresh and I'm getting the below message. Im not an expert in PowerBi so totally stuck and I need to submit this today.

dbrown2002_0-1705588441263.png

When I change the data source to my file location to the same exact excel sheet its saying pending queries and I need to apply changes, whenever I click this I get the above.

dbrown2002_1-1705588501519.png

Is there anyway I can go about fixing this?

Thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2
v-jiewu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @dbrown2002 ,

If I understand correctly, the issue is that the changed data couldn’t apply. Please try the following methods and check if can solve your problem:

1.Ensure that the credentials used to access the share point data source are still valid and have the right permissions to the file.

2.Review the applied steps to see if there are any errors.

3.Remove the connection to the file and reconnect it.

4.Check that there are any errors in the data.

5.You can also view the following link.

Solved: 'there are pending changes in your queries that ha... - Microsoft Fabric Community

Best Regards,

Wisdom Wu

aj1973
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @dbrown2002 

The pbix file that you got from the person's laptop is connected to Sharepoint via The Sharepoint Folder connector. On the other hand you are trying to connect the pbix file to your local folder via sharepoint connector. It won't work.

If you are not familiar with Power Query and M code to try to change the connector then it might be easier for you to open a new file and use Excel workbook connector to get your excel sheet then copy/past all queries and visuals from the original pbix to the new one.

Regards
Amine Jerbi

If I answered your question, please mark this thread as accepted
and you can follow me on
My Website, LinkedIn and Facebook

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.