Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PowerUser123
Helper II
Helper II

Append data from Excel/CSV to API Data

Maybe I'm not thinking clearly here. I have historical data loaded into an Excel file that matches the same format I'm retrieving data from an API.

I want to append the historical excel information to the data I'm pulling from the API. I get the unable to combine data - appended query references other queries or steps so it may not directly access a data source. Please rebuiuld this data combination error.

How do I account for this? Or is this a privacy setting issue?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
negi007
Community Champion
Community Champion

@PowerUser123  after you have connected to both api and your csv/excel format, in the power query window there is an option to append data or merge data as new query

negi007_0-1653367953918.png

in the power query window, you select both the table/query and then choose option to merge queries as new. this should work for you.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Appreciate your Kudos

Proud to be a Super User!

Follow me on linkedin

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
negi007
Community Champion
Community Champion

@PowerUser123  after you have connected to both api and your csv/excel format, in the power query window there is an option to append data or merge data as new query

negi007_0-1653367953918.png

in the power query window, you select both the table/query and then choose option to merge queries as new. this should work for you.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Appreciate your Kudos

Proud to be a Super User!

Follow me on linkedin

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.