Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Corey_M
Resolver II
Resolver II

Append Difference on refresh instead of replace

I have a dataflow containing record for computers with various information and it refreshes every day.  occasionally fields get updated for existing assets as well as new records for new assets.

the goal is that I have a new dataflow that when one particular field (configuration item) gets updated for an existing asset that instead of replacing the existing record it appends it.

example:

AssetConfiguration ItemDate Added
A1235/15/2024
B4565/15/2024

if asset A's configuration item is updated to 234 when the table Refreshes the next day it should look like

AssetConfiguration ItemDate Added
A1235/15/2024
B4565/15/2024
A2345/16/2024

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
audreygerred
Super User
Super User

If your source allows query folding, you can set up incremental refresh based on the Date Added and just have the incremental refresh do 1 day. Incremental refresh for semantic models and real-time data in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
audreygerred
Super User
Super User

If your source allows query folding, you can set up incremental refresh based on the Date Added and just have the incremental refresh do 1 day. Incremental refresh for semantic models and real-time data in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.